Monday 6 June 2016

THE GREATEST ATHLETE EVER!

"I AM THE GREATEST!"

Muhammed Ali has died, aged 74.  The boxer formerly known as Cassius Clay died early Saturday morning after being briefly placed on life support.

He fought Parkinson's disease for 34 years.  Ali was a master of something every entrepreneur should be doing everyday - the art of self motivation, self belief and super confidence.

Muhammed Ali believed he was the greatest boxer ever, before and after him. He said, "I am the greatest!"  It didn't matter to him who the opponent was or will be, he predicted at which rounds he would knock-out his opponents.

He out-practiced them, outperformed them and struck fear into their hearts BEFORE the day of the fight.  The most important point is that he backed up his words with action.

His Popular Quotes....



Ali has so many quotes credited to him, among them are this popular ones...
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"
"You can't touch what you can't see."
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."
"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be"
"I'm free to be what I want."
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."
"Everything starts in your mind. Everything"
"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."
"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
"I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty, I can't possibly be beaten!"
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"

I once read a story about how he was going to fight Sonny Liston, the feared heavyweight champion who in 4 years had knocked out every opponent in the first round.
Before the fight, Ali challenged him to a "match before the match" which he knew wouldn't happen as it was against the rules, but he challenged him still.

On the night of the day before the fight, Ali and his crew drove all night from his city to Liston's, got to his house around 1 a.m. and flashed all their convoy headlights and blaring their horns, waking up the family.

They were terrified thinking they were about being robbed. Liston was enraged of course, and came out in the morning charging at Ali without caution and ended up being beaten.  Ali used psychology and mind games against his opponents.  

Ali changed his name from Cassius Clay to Muhammed Ali after converting to Islam. Next he refused to draft into the US Army to go and fight in Vietnam. According to him, "I will not go thousands of miles to a country I do not know to drop bombs on people who have done nothing to me".

As a result, he was banned from boxing and had his Olympic Gold medal won in 1960 taken from him and he focused on working with black civil rights movements to raise awareness against racism and the return of the rights and privileges of African-Americans.

It took him many years to get his titles and medals back but once he did, he was back to winning ways again.  
Ali believed in self education. He studied extensively, raised money for many educational and health charities, even starting a research centre to find a cure for Parkinson's disease, the disease which afflicted him for so long.

Notable and Popular Fights

The Thriller in Manilla
The Rumble in the Jungle
... share with us the ones you know


"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."   He said that even BEFORE he knew he was!  I'm free to be what I want."  This means you have the right to shine, to be who God has made you to be. To share your gifts and grace with others.  "The man who has no imagination has no wings."  Everything starts in your mind. Everything.

Always pay attention to the little things that seem like they don't matter. It's easy to look at Ali like a boastful person, but when you back up your words with action, it's not boasting, it's knowing yourself.


Mohammed Ali: From Louisville, Kentucky
                            Born January 17, 1942
                            Died June 3, 2016
The world has lost an enigma, a legend.   Continue to rest in Peace Muhammed Ali.







Popular fights....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your views and comments, We appreciate them all!